Thank you for your interest in recruiting University of Toronto students with the Engineering Career Centre.
Register to create an account
If this is your first time using the Career Portal please register for an account using the button at the bottom of this page. Choose the appropriate program(s) that you are interested to recruit from. Your account registration will be reviewed within 1-3 business days and next steps will be sent to you if approved
To access the Career Portal, login using your email address and password using the button at the bottom of this page.
What you can do through the ECC Career Portal
» Post job opportunities
» Option to collect job applications through the system
» Request interview scheduling
» Target program disciplines key to your business needs
» Receive early notice of Career services events
COVID-19 and 2022-2023 Co-op Recruitment
The Engineering Career Centre team were able to successfully facilitate over 1000 co-op work terms in the past year by delivering our services online and virtually to both students and employers. For 2022-2023 recruitment cycle, while there are plans for the university to return to the workplace in person, we also recognize the fact that in-person interviews may not happen due to safety protocols. As such, we encourage our employers and students to plan for virtual interviews in Fall 2021 and Winter 2022. We will continue to monitor and guide you with any recruitment updates as we receive them.
Our Co-op Program
New Co-op Programming Model (2022-2023 Transition Year)
In September 2020, the Engineering Career Centre launched a new PEY Co-op programming model that provides engineering students access to workplace preparatory programming during Year 1 and 2. The new programming is designed to provide students with the perfect balance of engaging professional development and immersive industry exposure that will get them ready to successfully participate in recruitment and arrive at the workplace well prepared.
The 2022-2023 work term year will be a transition year between the current co-op model and the new program model. To facilitate this transition, the following co-op work terms are offered to eligible student participants for October 2021 and January 2022 recruitment:
Co-op employers will be able to post and recruit engineering student applicants for Summer 2022 work term roles. Summer co-op students are available to work for a minimum of 12 weeks and up to 16 weeks between May and August 2022.
- Starting October 4, 2021: Year 3 engineering students participating in the Engineering Summer Internship Program (ESIP) are available to apply for summer opportunities. Summer 2022 will be the final work term offering for ESIP participants and only a few applicants are available.
- Starting January 7, 2022: Year 2 engineering students under the new co-op program model will be competing for summer jobs. Over 1,000 students in this cohort are getting prepared to complete intensive and structured career programming that allows them to network with different industries, develop their job search strategies, build and maintain their professional brand, and enhance their knowledge of workplace dynamics for easy transitioning to the workplace.
Professional Experience Year (PEY) Co-op
The PEY Co-op Program offered through the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering is the largest program of its kind in Canada, and a key part of U of T's commitment to experiential learning. This optional program enables eligible undergraduate students to build meaningful work experience, strengthen their professional networks and enhance their interpersonal and technical competencies. During the work term, students are full-time employees with a competitive salary. Within the new Engineering Career Centre PEY Co-op model, the year 2022-2023 is the last work term year that Arts and Science students at St. George Campus and UTSC will be able to participate. Participation of UTM students in the PEY Co-op program is currently under discussion.
- Year 3 undergraduate students from Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering and Faculty of Arts & Science
- 12-16 months co-op work terms between May 2022 and September 2023
- Recruitment Period: starts in October 2021 and runs until July 2022
- Work Term Starts: between May – September 2022
- Work terms Ends: between April – September 2023
Contact email@example.com if you have questions regarding our co-op programs and processes.
New Graduate Job Board
Postings are accepted throughout the year. The target audience is 4th year students enrolled in the Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering looking for full-time opportunities upon graduation, as well as alumni and Engineering Graduate students (Master, PhD, Post-Doc). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions and support
Master of Engineering (MEng) Internship Pilot
We have concluded the Master of Engineering (MEng) Internship Pilot. Thank you for participating in the program and for offering our students incredible opportunities. We have gathered great insights and lessons from this experience and will keep you posted on any developments on this program. For further questions or feedback, please contact Roger Francis, Executive Director of the Engineering Career Center at email@example.com.
For additional information on services offered:
Guidelines for New Employers
Please review the following prior to submitting your registration request.
We require the following information for all employers who are interested in registering into our job board:
- Business email address
- Website with information that defines what the business does and how it operates
- Physical office location for co-op employers
- Due to the on-going global situation, we recognize that some work terms are still taking place remotely. Employers are encouraged to notify their co-op coordinator if students will be working remotely
Managing a Successful Work Term
While the students are on their work terms, co-op supervisors are required to follow the guidelines in the sections on our website under Managing a Successful Work Term and Evaluations & Site Visits.
ACCESS THE ECC CAREER PORTAL:
|Register for an Account